So – I have just finished up my week in NYC with Ham-bone (my dad) – been a pretty good week really. Ending on a sour note. Currently stuck at JFK because of bullshit weather. Who would have thought that the weather on the East Coast would take Labor Day weekend so litterally – and end summer, prett much as soon as it passes. Arseholes.
Anyway – still having a massive affair with the big apple. makes my feet ache, and my bones shift slightly every time I come here from all the traipsing around town in inappropriate footwear – but I think that might be some of it’s charm.
Travel tips – from Lucy:
- When shopping – regard things with slight disdain.. you get more attention from the shop assistant – and if for no other reason, they might think you are famous (if with an accent) and that’s sort of funny.
- Go to local parties – you will be an instant hit, because you aren’t permanent. This is ego boosting (to the max)
- Don’t talk to guys in polo shirts on the train, they will be dickheads.
- Don’t go to the Guggenheim when the top 3 levels are closed – this means the spiral is completely closed. And the Guggenheim (no offense) is nothing with out the use of it’s circular staircase
- Don’t go to the theater in a wife beater and flip flops. This is inappropriate. But also, DON’T wear your best dress and fancy shoes – this would signify you have actually never been out in public before and perhaps are getting over the afraid of the outdoors disorder (you know the one – it’s level with that of hoarding)
- Try and save money for a taxi to the airport – taking the LIRR will only find you surrounded by drunk Long Island riff raff. This is not the last memory you want of glamor pants New York