Previously weekends for me were about recovery, from the night before. But currently I am on a no alcohol kick, and sort of loving it. Was only supposed to last the duration of January – but have extended, til I’m not sure when. I mean I am having a glass sometimes with dinner, or a cocktail (like serious cocktail, not just one spirit one soda mix drink) after dinner. But nothing major.
So my new lease on weekends is pretty simple:
- Take laundry to the wash ‘n fold, because I’m not wasting my precious weekend minutes on that shit
- Wash hair, but don’t dry with a blow drier. I am distorting my hair daily with this shit, lets have a break
- Hit the Mexican pousadas for groceries, I used to Wholefoods, but I want to go to SXSW so if that means getting shittier produce for the sake for $50 a week – so be it.
- Don’t wear make up. This isn’t that tricky. I don’t wear that much in the first place, so it sort of not a huge stretch. But it’s nice to not have shit on your face on the daily.
- Wear flip flops, because an impromptu mani-pedi is always divine. If you don’t live in CA you probably cant do this at this time of the year. Sucks.
- Eat fruit loaf with mascapone and strawberries – because it’s fucking delicious, and not something you would prepare on a week day AM
- Put your hair in a high bun, and wear a headband. Life is easier without the distraction of a pony tail
- Get a take away coffee and walk a shopping street. You don’t have to buy anything, it’s sometimes nice to just imagine the possibilities.
- Have a wine at 3pm because there is nothing sweeter than afternoon drinks
- Make a cured meat platter with cheese/ olives, and share with a mate