This is the list of what a bed needs – or better said, what my bed needs
- Waffle textured sheets/pillows – This is a must, they just feel cleaner, crisper and more decadent, if you have that bullshit t-shirt material business. get rid of it, it makes me think of bed bugs – and all things sweaty. Alternatively – just buy good sheets, tight arse.
- Doona’s (duvet/ comforter) not blankets – there is something about a light, yet heavy weight on you when sleeping which is somewhat irreplaceable.. I stopped sleeping at my parents house because they wouldn’t conform. Now, when I live overseas, it seems my mother has moved the storage room (AKA – Lucy’s bedroom) out to the 2nd garage, where it should have been all along, and organised a doona for me (on my bed, obvs.) – Sorry MJ, too little too late.
- Top sheets, in summer. I don’t actually really use a top sheet. Only in summer when i need something over me and it’s too hot for the beloved doona. This is because I’m sort of lazy so hate making the bed with one.
- Window open at night – this is a must (regardless of the season). Especially after a night on the booze. There is nothing worse than a stale air room. Vom-central.
- High bun for bed. None of that romantic wavy fly-away shit all over the pillow. My hair is up and ready for the business of sleeping.
- Diagonal sleeping, or partially diagonal – this is a new thing. Although, this may not be true, I may have done partially diagonal PRE-America, but I had a bigger bed, so it was likely less noticeable..
- Never wear socks to bed. This is disgusting. If you get cold feet, buy a hot water bottle. But never never never socks, it just feels so unsanitary.
- Always buy Calvin Klein bed pants – don’t really care which top, but CK pyjama pants are divine – something to do with bamboo, or silk worms – but holy shit – it’s like crack in the form of sleepwear. It is unfortunate it is all made in China – but it feels nice.