After 5+ months of dreary winter, the days are getting longer and warmer, and fuck, was that just the warmth of actual sun?! With the return of the feel good months comes the return of SUMMER FESTIVAL SEASON and amongst an ever busier festival calendar, we’re extra excited to kickstart things with Her Damit, a 3-day house & techno affair within an abandoned third reich beach resort on an island in the Ostsee. Wait, what?! Read onnnn.
Now in it’s second year, Her Damit was a highlight of our 2015, with that perfect combination of:
- Epic location – really, we’ve got sea, actual sea!; sand; fresh air; trees; and all not that far from Berlin (if like us, this is your starting point)
- Insane setting – on top of the sea, actual sea!, there’s this behemoth structure which may have been built to sleep 30,000 Urlaub makers but in effect created a totally bonkers stage for techno. The festival site design was also kinda magical.
- An ideal crowd – a shared love of the music, an absence of dickheads, good vibes all-round
- Choice of adventure – camping vs. hostel bed vs. nearby accom; day and/or night dancing (a non-stop timetable, hallöööchen); and dancefloors of different vibes (inside, outside, wild light show und mehr)
- and the essential – a ridiculous line-up (of all the house and techno names we were raving about, or have raved about since)
And this year we’re in for all of the above and so much mehr.
For starters, there’s this year’s punchy line-up that includes: DVS1, Karenn, Recondite, Bambounou, Marcus Worgull, Erobique, Sandrien, Kobosil, ATEQ, Vril, Cinthie, nd_baumecker, Somewhen, Steffen Bennemann, Credit 00, Elisabeth, Johanna Knutsson, Daniela La Luz, Uta, Hiver, Manamana, and EVEN MORE.
Then there’s s new indoor floor which will replace last year’s Speicher floor (the big hall for any 2015’s attendees); a transformation of the Ruine stage into a light and video extravaganza from award-winning artists Philipp Geist aka Videogeist; tattoos by SUZAN Tattoos; (we’re predicting) all sorts of delicious eats and site tours / your history fix from on-site museum, Prora Zentrum.
Last but least, it was recently announced that the district responsible for Prora have put the remaining sections of this behemoth beauty (ie. the Her Damit sections) on the market. This unfortunately means that this will likely be Her Damit’s last stint in this location – and your last chance to party in this special setting. You’ve just gotta experience these vibes!
Other essential infos:
DATES: 27 – 29 May 2016
LOCATION: Prora, Rügen. This is in the very north of German, on the Ostsee. Yup yup – actual sea!
TRAVEL: Praise Deutschland’s rail network – as even a slightly more hard-to-reach location like Prora is manageable via a super schön train journey. The Bahn will take you right to the door of the festival (really – we’re talking a max 500m walk to the front gate) – and a return Ostsee ticket should only set you back 34 EUR (when you book together with 2 freunde or more). There are also busses on offer via FlixBus.
ACCOM: On site camping and hostel beds are available, or stay in the nearest town. We’d recommend the on-site options, and if you stay in the hostel you’ll actually be within the colossal ‘resort’ structure. We assume the hostel beds are filling fast – you’ll want to be looking into that asap. Over here.
TICKETS: via the Her Damit site, oder for four lucky Leute….
Hu huuuu! Fancy all of this for FREE? To really get those summer festival feelings cracking, the Her Damit crew have very kindly given us 2 x 2 festival passes to give away. It’s a pretty incredible deal, with each ticket covering all three days AND on-site camping.
To win these golden tickets:
- Like this post and if you’re not already with us, like our Facebook page
- Make sure you’ve hit ‘Attending’ on the Her Damit FB event.
- Email email@example.com with Her Damit in the subject line. Include your Facebook name + real name in the body if these differ from your email.
You have until Sonntag 10th April, 18:00 (DE time) to enter. Viel Glück!
*** Conditions: this doesn’t include travel – you’ll need to sort that one out on your own.
Last but not least, for more of a teaser of what you can expect on this little weekender, revisit last year’s Disposable Camera piece over here, warm-up with the Her Damit Podcast over here or check out last year’s aftermovie below.