MS MR are here, tomorrow. So, like – today, because most of you seem to check this shit at work – naughty naughty. For the longest time I have loved all those MS MR vibes but I didn’t quite realise how much until I saw them live in September over my birthday weekend – and I literally fell in love.
You know when you can’t quite put into words as to why you love someone so much, it’s just a feeling you get. Like – they genuinely make you smile from the INSIDE. Things that are otherwise embarrassing seem funny. Everything that person does – is fucking wonderful, punkt.
Vibing that? Well, then enter on in MS MR. Here are the reasons they are a band crush – and you should probably love them as much as I do:
- Homeboys and girls light up the stage like it’s nobodies business.
- Femmes voice is as rich in real life, as it is recorded.
- Girlfriends has the most radical hair, I have ever seen
- They (collectively) look good. I know this last point is about as superficial as it comes, but there is nothing worse than having to endure a concert for 40’ish minutes, looking at a not-so-hot mess on stage.
- They have a downloadable playlist on their SoundCloud that makes me all sorts of jazzed, almost daily.
- MS has a banging real-person rig, like – a babe’n one…. Not the lumpy Salt n’ Pepa circa ’93 vibes; mind you I do love the Salt n’ Pepa circa 93′ vibes.
- Team is what Beyonce is to me, but the Indie version. And if you have been following – we all know about me and the Queen.
Short and sharp details – so there are no excuses for your absense:
BAND: MS MR
VENUE: PRINCE CHARLES (Prinzenstraße 85 – at Moritzplatz U-Bahn)
DOORS: 21:00 (that’s 9P all you non-Germs out there, and this is a guess – semi-confirmed by Ballet School)