Berlin – where are all the tacos at? It’s been a year since my last (real) Mexican feast and since the sun came out for all of two days last week it has me craving icy cold beer and colourful spiced-up food. Or it could just be the 10 episodes of Breaking Bad I have watched…this week…already.
We will be conducting some research in the coming months to uncover what Berlin has to offer in the way of Mexican foods, but in the meantime, we are desperate for a hit of guacamole, so we have taken matters in to our own hands with this de-licious recipe created by the clever kitchen cats at Foodess.
What we love about this recipe is a) it’s easy, b) it’s healthy and c) it will wake up your dormant tastebuds.
SPICY FISH TACOS W/ CABBAGE SLAW & LIME CREMA
|FISH OR CHICKEN FILLETS
salt and pepper
2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
|4 cups shredded cabbage
1/3 cup chopped coriander
2 green onions minced
3 tbsp distilled white vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
|1/3 cup sour cream
3 tbsp mayonnaise
Juice and zest of one lime
- Season protein of choice on both sides.
- In a small bowl combine, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and cumin. Sprinkle over protein.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in pan on medium-high heat. Add half the protein and cook until just done.
- Transfer the protein to a plate and continue with the remaining pieces.
- To make the cabbage slaw – toss all the ingredients together.
- To make the crema whisk all the ingredients together and season with salt.
- Serve your fish or chicken on warm tortillas, top with slaw and drizzle with lime crema.