Pyjama-clad breakfast cooking is the best kind of cooking. It goes on a lot at my place, especially on weekends. But some days all you want to do is cocoon yourself in blankets and get some extra shut eye. For those who prefer the later, i.e. anyone who lives in Berlin, here’s a breakfast food you can prepare in advance and enjoy seven days a week.
EARL GREY TEA GRANOLA
2 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans or almonds)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup dried fruit (I like blueberries)
2/3 cup water
3 tsp earl grey tea
zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- Heat oven to 175C. Brew tea in 2/3 cup water for 3 mins.
- In a bowl, place oats, chopped nuts, cinnamon, dried fruit, chia seeds, and coconut flakes and mix.
- Then add the brewed tea, rice syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Place the mixture on top a baking paper lined baking tray and bake for 30-40mins.
- Check on it every 10 – 15 mins and stir so it won’t burn.
- Allow to cool, then add a few tablespoons of the granola into a bowl with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
Store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks!